Agri-Environmental Technical Services (AETS)
WUQWATR’s Agri-Environmental Program Coordinator, Sarah Tranberg, is available to assist producers with Farm Stewardship (FSP) Program and Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP) applications. Contact Sarah at 306-529-5125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Farm Stewardship Program (FSP)
The Farm Stewardship Program (FSP) provides Saskatchewan producers funding to implement beneficial management practices (BMPs) in three priority areas – water, climate change and biodiversity.
The FSP focuses on four outcomes:
- Demonstrated improvements on water quality;
- Demonstrated reductions in greenhouse gas emissions;
- Enhanced resilience of the agriculture sector; and
- Biodiversity maintained.
A BMP is defined as any agricultural management practice that:
- Ensures the long-term health and sustainability of land-related resources used for agricultural production;
- Positively impacts the long-term economic and environmental viability of agricultural production; and
- Minimizes negative impacts and risk to the environment.
Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP)
The Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program is designed to:
- Support the development of secure and sustainable water sources for agricultural use in Saskatchewan;
- Mitigate the impact of drought; and
- Improve public safety and reduce potential groundwater contamination through well decommissioning.
FRWIP has two program streams:
- Dugout, Pipeline and Well Rebate
- Well Decommissioning and Special Projects Pre-Approval
See below for all BMPs and maximum funding that may be received under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program.
For more information on the Farm Stewardship Program and Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program, please call 306-529-5125 or visit the Ministry of Agriculture’s Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program website.